Lapford Congregational Church has a vacancy for a part time Youth Worker, Job Desription below. Please contact The Secretary, Peter Lacey on 01363-884230 or e-mail email@example.com
Applications will close on Friday 22nr February.
Job Title: Church Youth and Children’s Worker
Location: Lapford Congregational Church
Eastington Lane, Lapford, EX17 6QD
Responsible to: The Pastor and Deacons.
Main responsibility: To build community relationships through:
- Involvement with Sunday Club.
- Run a mid-week Christian Youth Club.
- Linking with the ‘ARK’.
- Link with ‘Connect’.
- Link with ‘High5 Friday’.
- Link with ‘Springers’
- School liaison.
- Liaison with the village ‘Churches Together’ group.
In order to seek ways of building up the worshipping life of the children and youth within the community.
Working with: Lapford Congregational Church
Working Hours: 12 hours per week as agreed.
- To work with those with responsibility for Children and Youth Work.
- To seek opportunities to disciple those young people who come to events.
- To seek ways with the local ‘Christians Together’ for the building of the Kingdom in Lapford.
- To explore and offer guidance and help into ways in which those attending Children and Youth events can to be brought into the existing life of the church in Lapford and disciple them through what are often challenging years.
- To have a close working relationship with Christians Together in Lapford.
- Attend the Congregational Church Meetings and to report progress.
- Providing materials for Lapford Congregational Church Facebook page, Website and Church Magazines.
- Keep the Notice Board(s) up to date.
- Providing support and input into all publicity material and distribution.
- In consultation with the church, seek on-going personal development as would benefit Children and Youth.
- Pray for the life and witness of the Lapford Congregational Church.
|Area||Criteria||Essential / Des|
|Education||GCSE level or equivalent in EnglishGCSE level or equivalent in Religious Studies
Competent in spoken & written English
|Experience||Working with Children and Youth||Essential|
|Qualifications||To be IT literate||Essential|
|Personal||It is an occupational requirement for the person to be a committed Christian (Equality Act 2010) and to take an active and prayerful role in the ministry of a Church||Essential|
|Energetic, warm, friendly and outgoing||Essential|
|Able to work unsupervised; self-motivated||Essential|
|Satisfactory Enhanced DBS||Essential|
|Has the right to work in the UK.||Essential|
|Discrete & confidential||Essential|
|Fully supportive of the mission of the church||Essential|
|Skills, knowledge and abilities||New technology – social media, websites etc.||Desirable|
|Accuracy, attention to detail.||Essential|
|Communication – good face to face verbal skills with visitors to the church||Essential|
|Able to work with and be part of a small team||Essential|
|Understanding of rural mission.||Essential|
|Good organisational ability||Essential|